Explore Northwest Florida serves cookies to analyze website traffic, improve user experience and gather emails to offer more information on the region in Northwest Florida.
This Privacy Notice discusses the strategy of Explore Northwest Florida intent to share and store information about individuals (“you”) and your interactions with our website at explorenwflorida.com and our other websites (“Site”).
Who we are
EXPLORE NORTHWEST FLORIDA is a regional tourism organization with its mission to promote and preserve a region in Northwest Florida. Explore Northwest Florida headquarters is located at 672 N 5thStreet, Chipley, Florida.
EXPLORE NORTHWEST FLORIDA’s Postal Address:
P.O. Box 473
Apalachicola, Florida 32329
Data Collection and Usage
We collect, store and use your personal information to allow you to use our Site, to communicate with us, and to provide you with more information as requested. We may receive information directly from you when you email, complete a form on our Site, and sign up to receive emails.
We may receive your social media profile when you share articles on our Site using your social account.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number. Except for your IP address, we collect personal information only when you request more information.
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you are in contact with us. You are not required to provide any personal information that we request, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with the best user experience.
The type of information we collect depends on how you interact with the site. You can use our Site without providing us with any information other than anonymous information we collect automatically.
- Information you provide directly.
We obtain information that identifies you personally directly from you. We ask for your contact information (name, street address, email address, and phone numbers) when you request more information, and sign up for electronic newsletters.
We may also ask for information to understand more about your interest in our region.
By law we must ask prize winners for their social security numbers so that we can report their winnings to the IRS. When you share a photo with us, we may obtain your credit line to caption and date the photo.
We use the information that you voluntarily provide to reply to your requests, to update and improve the content on our Site or in our electronic newsletters.
- With Whom Do We Share Information We Collect?
- Personal Information.We use your information to analyze our website and provide you with information requested. We keep your information to email newsletters and notifications of events.
We Do Not Share Our Information with Anyone
We may disclose your personal information as required by law, in conjunction with a government inquiry, or in litigation or dispute resolution.
- Anonymous Information. We may disclose statistical information to third parties in aggregate form without revealing any personal details about our users (for example, 45% of our Site visitors live in the Northeast).
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE HELD
Our Site operates in the U.S. If you are located outside of the U.S., please be aware that all information you provide is stored and processed in the U.S. By using our Site and giving us your information, you consent to such U.S. transfer, storage and processing. You also understand that the U.S. privacy laws may be different from the laws of your country.
We store our information on cloud servers located in the United States. Our cloud services provider is part of the Privacy Shield, which requires it to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en.
Where we use third party vendors based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield or if the transfer is governed by a contract including Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission in accordance with Article 46(2)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation or similar clauses.
You have certain rights in relation to your information under U.S. and European law. The availability of these rights and the ways in which you can use them are set out below in more detail.
- You have the right to access.You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain other information about it to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- You have the right to rectification.You are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you is corrected.
- You have the right to erasure.You are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- You have the right to restrict processing.You are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- You have the right to object to processing.Where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interests (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to data portability.You may request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party.
- You have the right to complainto a supervisory authority.
- You have the right to withdraw consent.Where we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent.
- Automated decisions.We do not currently make any automated decisions. However, if we did, you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Outside Web Sites
This Site may contain links to third party sites not controlled by EXPLORE NORTHWEST FLORIDA, such as those belonging to business partners. We recommend that you check the privacy statement of other sites you visit before providing any personal information.
Security of Information
Please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website or computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
If you have concerns or questions regarding our consumer privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We retain the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our services, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
California Do-Not-Track Disclosure Requirements
We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, because the Internet industry is still working on uniform Do-Not-Track standards.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties, such as our business partners, to whom we have disclosed their personal information for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect information from children or other persons who are under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, you must not submit any personal information to us. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a person less than 13 years old, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida “Sunshine” Law
We adhere to Florida’s open records laws. Records we send and receive may be subject to public disclosure upon request.
The Events Calendar suite offers the use of third-party API keys. The primary functions are to enhance the features we’ve built in, some of which use Google Maps, PayPal, Eventbrite, and Meetup. These API keys are not supplied by Modern Tribe.
We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features.
These API keys may include the following third party services: Google Maps, Meetup, PayPal, and Eventbrite (API key, auth URL and Client Secret).
How Long You Retain this Data
All information (data) is retained in the local database indefinitely, unless otherwise deleted.
Certain data may be exported or removed upon users’ requests via the existing Exporter or Eraser. Please note, however, that several “edge cases” exist in which we are unable to perfect the gathering and export of all data for your end users. We suggest running a search in your local database, as well as within the WordPress Dashboard, in order to identify all data collected and stored for your specific user requests.
Where We Send Your Data
Modern Tribe does not send any user data outside of your website by default.
If you have extended our plugin(s) to send data to a third-party service such as Eventbrite, Google Maps, or PayPal, user information may be passed to these external services. These services may be located abroad.